Requirements Analysis and Workshop Design
Based on the rolling stock to be maintained, the level of maintenance and, the tasks to be carried out in the workshop, a study of the drawings and lists of equipment received is conducted to see their suitability. Additionally, we propose those changes that would be considered appropriate for the defined tasks developed in the workshop. The workflows and components will be optimized for the depot.
Within the scope of this phase are the following jobs:
- Depot equipment evaluation. Depending on the train maintenance plan and the list of tasks to be carried out, we evaluate the equipment, tools and facilities required to meet the project needs.
- Equipment analysis and description of basic project requirements (conceptual design).
- Drafting of the required technical specifications for subsequent use in the procurement phase.
- Designing the layout, considering the optimization of the workflows and the equipment finally defined. The workshop flows are studied and the best solution in terms of productivity is proposed. Consequently, 3D designs are developed using BIM methodology.
- Improvement of maintenance processes. Depending on the tasks to be performed, the location of the different areas of work and the facilities, the maintenance processes are analyzed for optimization.